Thursday, 27 December 2007
Bug fixed for Auto Report Service
*** Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
It is fixed and tested today in IGLO Malaysia and IGLO Guangzhou.
Monday, 24 December 2007
V5 VS V3
A baby was finally born after ten month pregnancy! Extreme V5 go live finally as planned before.
The V5’s practicability, stability, dependability and speed were improved compare to V3.
We redesign the user interface of V5, compare to V3, V5’s user interface is more elegance, concision and exchange.
V3’s user interface: have to open few windows to complete a transaction input. Header and details were divided into two windows.
V5’s user interface: Header and details are in the same window, it is clear at a glance.
It is no doubt to say that everybody has different working style. Because of that，we make the new system with the character of retractility. User can arrange the detail’s column freely according to their favour. Besides, user can choose to hide certain item, indeed can differentiate certain item by using colours. This system has design “UserBehaviorMemorial” which cater to different user’s working habit. That’s mean the system will save the user setting preference into the system when user log out. This system will load the user setting preference automatically when user log in next time.
Extreme V5 was design with the latest Microsoft Dot Net Frame Work, so V5’s stability in Windows XP is better than V3.Besides Extreme V5 also compatible with latest OS Windows Vista.
We recheck the old Database Store Procedure , correct the old problems. Besides, we change the Store Procedure to the new C# dot net code. It helps us to debug faster and efficiently.
The new system has better speed performance because we have use the latest Microsoft Dot Net Frame Work and improve the database access method.
According to the test, V3 spend 10.2 seconds to display 1000 records but V5 just need 3.9 seconds. The speed performance has improved 150% or above.
Extreme V5 has a good gene. We as parent feel proud when we look at our child (Extreme V5). However, our strive will not stop here. We will keep on improve the system until it grow up become a complete and perfect Warehouse Management System.
今年一月为了破旧立新，我们开始着手设计了新的库存管理系统 （Warehouse Management System） Extreme V5 用来取代旧有的 Biztrak Extreme V3。
比起v3, 新的Extreme V5有更好的方便性、稳定性、可靠性和速度。
V5 重新设计了使用界面，比起V3 ，V5 拥有更漂亮，简洁，易用的界面。
Extreme V5是使用了最新的微软”dot net frame work”, 配合视窗XP的稳定性比V3更好，它甚至能兼容最新的视窗Vista。
我们重新检查旧有的“Database Store Procedure”, 更正了旧有的问题。以及把旧有的“Store Procedure”转移成新的C# dot net 代码，这有助于我们以后除错“DEBUG”，更快更有效率。
因为使用了最新的微软”dot net frame work”, 以及改进了database 的存取方式。新的系统有更好的速度表现。
根据测试V3显示一千条的纪录所需要的时间是10.2 秒， 而V5 只需要3.9 秒，速度的表现提升了150%以上。
Saturday, 22 December 2007
Issues in 5.8.7
2. Item Variant is optional for an item. In our Item profile setting, we allow an item profile to exist without any variant. So our program should just generate the SKU without variant too.
There is no Item Variant for this item, you need to add the Item Variant record first.
UOM is mandatory to generate SKU. However, the message has grammar error
There is no UOM Profile record for this item, you need to add the UOM Profile record first.
"There is no UOM Profile record for this item, you need to configure first at least one UOM for this item."
Last but not least, there is fatal mistake in our Item profile that needs an immediate remedy.
When user try to delete an item profile or its UOM, variant or SKU, our system HAS TO check if those item or particular combination of item has been used before.
Any master file in our system including transport mode, agent, source profile, pallet profile or etc must carry this attribute.
3. When we create an item profile with "Item Profile Wizard". The Production Date and Expiry Date of UOM record has to be both "YES" instead of both "NO"
4. When I first create a customer profile, I am able to save the branch detail and even set the default branch code of customer.
However, when I try to set up pallet source, I should be able to lookup the branch code that I have for this customer but I am unable to. This problem will not occur if I switch to browse mode and return back to the customer profile setup later.
Wednesday, 19 December 2007
IGLO Malaysia on 5.8.7 today!
Thursday, 13 December 2007
The last version of Year 2007 - 5.9.7 (Under Construction)
- Indicate if receive fully associated (done by Ah Kit).
- import receive, order (under construction).
- bin replenishment (under construction).
- pallet label - (IGLO MY completed, done by Ah Kit)
- prompt user if order not fully allocated (done by Ah Kit).
- show qty balance, pallet count and measurement in enquiry screen. (done by Anthony)
- Transport Mode, Transport Agent, Transport Route, Consignee Profile (done by Anthony).
- Able to print "Transfer Document" for filing purpose (pending).
- Bug fixed
- Add Reference No and Document Date filter in Transfer Wizard.
- Add a new function to allow user to generate receive from Issue.
What's New in 5.8.7 (Final Release)
- Item Setup - one of the most wanted features in Extreme 5. You can create, edit and delete item related information in one screen.
- Item creation wizard - What if there is a new item from customer that you never receive before and it is start clogging our inbound receiving area.
Item Creation Wizard is here to save your day!
- Customer setup - Needless to explain. Just to allow you to setup and maintain customer profile.
- Sortable Customized Report - One of the most annoying problem in user customized report interface is, it does not sort by Report No or Report Name! We tend to believe a neater environment is more productive than a messy environment.
- Generate pallet profile - Cater for CP operation in IGLO Malaysia. Kiss v3 good-bye.
- Able to print a tally form without entered transportation information - I am not sure how useful this feature is but who cares about transportation information when printing a tally form?!
- Order summary, Issue summary - We have summary in Receive, Transfer module. Hence, let's be fair to Order and Issue module too.
- Summary of Physical Inventory Enquiry Screen - We know every single detail of item in this screen, but can I have the summary of it?
- Right click on DataGrid to have "Find" - Some of the users don't even aware we have "Find" function which help them to search anything, (Yes, anything) in the datagrid. So, in this version, when you right click on the grid, you can choose whether to "find" anything or to re-arrange your datagrid columns to suit your mood.
- Showing Customer address if consignee profile is not selected in a Issue Module - In the previous version, if a user do not choose a consignee profile in an Issue Document, the name and address will not printed on Delivery Note. However, we think a computer system should be smart enough to print a customer name and customer's address on the DN header when a consignee is not selected.
- When we create a new document regardless or Receive, Issue, Order and etc, before user save a transaction, user is allowed to change customer code or branch, it will result invalid SKU error while saving. Hence, it is suggested system perform datagrid validation when user trying to change customer code or branch.
- Create Item SKU function for multiple item profile.
- Bug fixed - Unable to save more than one Pallet Type Item with Default = YES